Monday, February 18, 2008

Further Greatest Hits albums

It has been a while since I posted. I will address my MIA status another time, but right now I have additions to make to my Greatest Hits album collection:

The Best of Bill Withers: for those who don't know Bill Withers think Lean on Me; think Lovely Day (just happyness); think Hope She be Happier With Him, which is a horrible idea, but a nice sentiment anyway; and that's Bill Withers was all about, he was just a decent human being, with a hell of a soulful voice; also, think Just the Two of Us; think Ain't No Sunshine. The man was just good.

Ben Folds - iTunes: this may not necessarily be a greatest hits album, but my friend Jay burned this for me and it is essentially a Greatest Hits album, because it chronicles his entire career, and each song has an introduction about it, how he wrote it, why he wrote it, etc. It's a Storytellers for your computer.

More greatest hits updates to follow

2 comments:

muchacha K handmade said...

This is such a can of worms Befuddler.

But really...the only Greatest Hits I need (besides, of course Michael McDonald's) is Air Supply. I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without it.....

mikeyaponte said...

Almost as good as pet shop boys discography CD. It's a sin.